Monday, May 10, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day


Mother's Day in the past has always been hard for me. I've always enjoyed honoring my mom and the other mother's in my life, but there has been an emptiness inside as I have wanted to be a mother. So this day was very special for me. Having Caleb in my life has brought me such joy and I am honored to be his mother. I love every minute I get to spend with him and I love watching him grow and learn new things every day. Rodney and Caleb got me a beautiful figurine of a mother holding her child. I love it. I also got a long stemmed red rose from my dad and Caleb and a plate of cookies from Taylor and her brothers.
Another reason this Mother's day was so special was because I got to spend it with another first time mother, my best friend Kamie. She and Dustyn were placed with their boy Gage about two and a half weeks before we got Caleb. Kamie knows the feelings I have had as we both wanted to be a mom and experienced the trials of not having children and failed placements and the ups and downs of adoption. I am grateful we both got to celebrate this day with each other and our beautiful baby boys. I can't wait to celebrate many more Mother's days with my sweetheart Caleb.



3 comments:

Bri!!! said...

I don't know you but saw your comment on my sisters blog (Ashlee Merback). You wrote that your sons name is Caleb so I clicked on over because that is my sons name. CONGRATULATIONS! There is not much more heartbreaking than the desire to be a mother and not being able to and there is nothing than can bring more joy than having children. I'm so happy for you! You chose a beautiful name!

Nicole said...

I am so happy for you Carrie and Kamie also. My heart has ached for both of you. I hope this is the start of many wonderful Mother's Days to come.

Maynor Moments said...

Carrie he is so cute! I am so happy for you both!