Thursday, September 24, 2009

My 2nd Job

Part of the fun of being a teacher is the extra responsibilities you have. There are committees like RTI, Literacy, Math, Technology, etc. There is also one called Sunshine. This committe is the fun stuff for the staff like showers, parties, potlucks, birthdays, etc. Well I'm on Sunshine this year and I offered to make the cakes for our monthly birthday celebration. I decided that each month would go with any holiday or theme for the month. This is the cake I made for September. Since we just got back to school I made it a school supplies theme. I got many compliments on both looks and taste and I had some tell me I could make cakes professionally. I don't think I'm quite ready for that, but maybe after making cakes for school I will be.



I also got to make a going away cake for one of our teachers. She is moving back to Georgia to expand a purse making business with her sister. So of course I had to make a purse cake. Everyone loved it and I think I am getting a little faster.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So I've forgotten to ask you on the phone, how much are you charging? You better not be doing it for free!

The purse cake looks great!