So the last day of school with kids has come and gone. I was able to get everything done (report cards, testing, etc.) that I needed to with out too much stress. On Thursday, I had my end of the year performances for both classes. They both went very well and the parents seemed to enjoy it. Both performance were packed. They were in my classroom and there was barely room to move, but nobody seemed to mind. Friday was my last day with kids and it was a half day for both classes. I had each class for 70 minutes so I do a water field day. It's the perfect amount of time so we're not in the sun for too long and the kids don't get too crazy. I had great parent help for the morning and afternoon classes so it made my job really easy. Everything went great until it was popsicle time for my afternoon class. Now after my morning class had popsicles Rodney counted them to make sure there was enough for the next class and there were 28 popsicles left. That was plenty because I only had 23 kids in this class and I already knew one kid wouldn't be there. So when I took the bag out and had parents pass out the popsicles I had 3 kids with no popsicles!! How could I loose 7 popsicles in a 2 hour block of time. Luckily I had brought extras and put them in the freezer that morning so I found 3 that were somewhat frozen and the kids were happy. I of course was ticked because someone got in my bag that had
my name on it and was
tied at the top and took some popsicles out. I'm sure everyone has had an experience where something they took to work disappeared but usually it is not something that they know would be for kids. When I told Rodney he was more upset than I was. In fact after lunch he went home and wrote this note:
Thieves
Today there were a few people that took things that were not theirs, hence the title. In the freezer there were 28 popsicles for a class of 23 in which there were 2 students missing which puts the grand total of popsicles needed at 21. We were short 3 popsicles so that means that there were 7 missing.
I realize that if you took one you thought to yourself (if you counted how many were in the bag) the teacher can't possibly need all of these for their class (supposing you read the name on the bag). Problem you (thief) is one, you do not know what they will be used for so how can you possibly guess how many are needed, and two it's not yours!! If you want some go to the store and freeze your own box. I believe you can buy 100 for $4.00.
If you ask me I think that it is ridiculous that you (thief) are most likely a teacher and therefor know what it's like to come up short in front of your class and most likely parents from this sort of thing. I would think that you would not create the problem for someone else. So I ask the question, what were you thinking? Did you miss all of the pies on the table that should have been your dessert?
FRUSTRATING!
He put it on my fridge but I had him take it down. I love the fact that he stuck up for me and was willing to call somebody out for taking my popsicles. Anyways I guess this shows that you shouldn't mess with my popsicles or Rodney will come and get you!!
3 comments:
How I miss the drama of food not being in the fridge where you left it. Wait, my only experience with this kind of thing was when I opened the wrong yogurt and I immediately confessed my sin to the whole school.
Rodney could show a little sympathy. The thief was probably someone coming in from lunch duty outside. I know it's hot down there!
Enjoy your break!
That is cool he did that for you! Hope you have a relaxing break!
I believe that there was more than just a little stress in the last two weeks although it was bearable :)
By the way this is Rodney.
Post a Comment