Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The busiest time of the year (take one)

So after a nice relaxing vacation to Disneyland it was back to reality and probably the most dreaded thing of being a Kindergarten teacher, REPORT CARDS AND PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES!!
Now I have no issue doing the testing required to fill out report cards ( I love to see the progress my kids have made) and I don't even mind meeting with parents to discuss what needs to happen to help their child succeed. The part I dread is doing this for 50 KIDS. Now don't get me wrong I love teaching Kindergarten and I don't want to move. But it is this time of the year that makes me wonder about my sanity for wanting to be in a grade level where I have to test 50 kids, fill out 50 report cards, write 50 comments (no two should be just alike) and hold 50 parent-teacher conferences. Let's just say that by the end of conferences on Friday, November 21 my jaw hurt from smiling and talking. And I only did 48 conferences because two didn't come. If they had come my face probably would have been paralyzed. Now I know I shouldn't complain because I know there are some Kindergarten teachers who have like 30-35 kids in each class. If that had been my case, I probably would still be trying to do all of my conferences. Let's just say the weekend after conferences I felt a lot better (see picture).
Now I'll just get to do it all over again in April and July (minus the parent-conferences for all students. I'll meet with parents on a need to basis.)

2 comments:

dust and kam said...

Wow! That is a crazy time! I am glad it's you and not me! ;)

I am also glad you survived!

Tiffany said...

Yes, doing report cards is one of the worst parts of the job. I'm already starting to test again for my next report cards. Can I just say I don't like quarter terms. Trimesters are so much better.