Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Caleb!!!


Today Caleb turned one.  Rodney had a personal day to take so he stayed home with Caleb today.  We had waffles for breakfast, and Caleb and Rodney came to school to have lunch with me.  We had a dinner Caleb could eat (roast, potatoes and carrots) and then opened presents.  (He got a Cars dish set, some books, and a car ramp toy).  Even though he had no idea what was going on today he seemed to have fun.  Also yesterday Caleb took his first real steps.  He went from Grandma to Grandpa at their house.  It was about three steps!
I can't believe a he is a year old!  When I look at pictures of him when he was a newborn I can't belive how much he has changed.  He is so handsome and has such a sweet personality.  I am so grateful for his birthmother Alicia and the choice she made to place him for adoption.  Her selfless choice gave Rodney and I the chance to have a child of our own and we love her for this.  This past year has been amazing and I love that we are able to be his parents and have this sweet boy as a part of our family.  Adoption is an amazing blessing.

1 comment:

Maynor Moments said...

WOW! This year has flown by! He is such a cute baby boy!!